Math 7 Syllabus
Math 7 Plus Syllabus
Students should bring the necessary materials from their supply list to class every day. Every day students should have their 3-subject notebook-which should have their organized notes, homework, classwork, worksheets, etc either glued, stapled, or taped into their notebooks. They should also have pencils, pens, highlighter and coloring tools (colored pencils, crayons, felt pens, etc).
Classwork (30%) -- Will consist of graded in class assignments.
Homework (10%) -- Will consist of any graded assignments to be completed at home
Summative Assessments (60%) -- Will consist of Test, Quizzes, and Projects
•Student demonstrates complete understanding of the mathematical concepts.
•The solutions completely address all mathematical concepts presented in the task.
•Where required, there is a clear, proficient explanation of the solution.
•Student demonstrates nearly complete understanding of mathematical concepts.
•The solutions address almost all of the mathematical concepts presented in the task. Minor errors may exist.
•Where required, there is a clear, explanation of the solution.
•Student demonstrates a vague understanding of the mathematical concepts.
•The solutions address some, but not all the mathematical concepts presented in the task.
•Where required, explanations are incomplete or not clear.
•Student demonstrates limited or no understanding of the mathematical concepts.
•The solutions do not address any of the mathematical concepts in the task.
•There is no explanation of the solution.
Students can earn back points on ANY quiz during the school year. They must complete the following Rework Policy in its entirety to earn points:
1. Rework the problem missed with correct work
2. Written explanation of why the task was incorrect.
3. Written explanation of why the task has been corrected.
4. Guardian/Parent signature
If the student earned a 60 on the original quiz, they missed 40 points. A complete Rework Policy allows the student to earn back half of the points missed. Therefore, in this example, the student may earn back 20 points, for a new grade of 80.
1. Students are expected to follow all Moore Square Middle School standards, as well as established classroom rules and procedures.
2. This is a critical time when students are developing skills that will be used throughout their time at their high school.
3. Students are responsible for their learning, please do not hesitate to ask questions, or seek out help.